Total time 30 minutes
MAKES 8 APPETIZER SERVINGS
2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
6 Tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
2 tsp. cayenne (ground red pepper) Salt
2 large egg whites
6 Tbsp. hot red pepper sauce
1 1/2 lb. boneless chicken tenders, cut into 40 pieces
2 Tbsp. canola oil
2 tsp. unsalted butter
Celery and carrot sticks
1. In small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; set aside.
2. In pie plate or shallow dish, combine flour, breadcrumbs, cayenne, and 2 teaspoons salt. In separate bowl, beat egg whites and 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce.
3. Dip chicken tenders in egg mixture, then in flour mixture to coat.
4. In large nonstick skillet on medium¬high, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add half of the chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned, stirring often. Remove chicken from skillet, set aside, and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Add remaining oil to pan and cook remaining chicken.
5. In large, glass bowl, microwave remaining hot sauce and butter until melted; add cooked chicken to bowl, tossing to coat. Serve with dressing and celery and carrot sticks.
About 22 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 12 g total fat (4 g saturated), 1 g fiber, 66 mg cholesterol, 1148 mg sodium.