1 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 cup tapioca flour
2 teaspoons guar gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 stick unsalted organic butter at room temperature
2 large organic eggs, beaten
1 can (15-ounces) solid unsweetened organic pumpkin
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 golden delicious apple, peeled, cored and finely diced
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
3. In a medium bowl combine all the dry ingredients, including the sugar and spices and stir with whisk to blend.
4. Cream the butter with a mixer on medium-high speed until soft.
5. Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix on low for 2 minutes.
6. Add the eggs, pumpkin and vanilla - mix on medium-high until light and fluffy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl several times. Stir in the apple.
7. Using an ice-cream scoop, fill the prepared muffin cups three fourths full with batter and bake for 25 minutes or until cracked on top and browned on the edges. A wooden skewer inserted into one of the muffins will come out clean.